AVON PRODUCTS, INC.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use (the "Agreement") carefully before using this website. By using this website and/or other Avon Products, Inc. sites that link to these Terms and Conditions (collectively, the "AVON WEBSITES"), you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please do not use any of the AVON WEBSITES. Avon Products, Inc., a company incorporated under the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. (referred to herein as "AVON," "we," "us" and "our"), reserves the right to change this Agreement, in whole or in part, from time to time at our sole discretion, and to provide you with notice of such change by any reasonable means, including without limitation posting the revised draft of this Agreement on the AVON WEBSITES. You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the "LAST UPDATED" legend at the top of this Agreement. You should always check this Agreement prior to using the AVON WEBSITES. Your continued use of the AVON WEBSITES following the posting of changes to this Agreement will mean that you accept those changes.
1. Restricted Uses.
The AVON WEBSITES are owned and operated by AVON. The contents of the AVON WEBSITES are copyrighted under United States copyright laws. Except as stated herein, none of the material on the AVON WEBSITES may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, uploaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any way whatsoever. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for as long as you are permitted by AVON to access and use the AVON WEBSITES, you may download one (1) copy of any particular materials from the AVON WEBSITES for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that you agree to abide by any copyright notice or other restrictions contained in or applicable to such materials, including any author attribution, copyright or trademark notice or restriction in any such material that you download. Modification of the materials, or use of the materials for any other purpose, whether commercial or noncommercial, is a violation of AVON's copyright and other proprietary rights.
"AVON" and the other AVON trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos appearing on the AVON WEBSITES are proprietary trademarks of AVON. The use of any of our trademarks or any other content made available through the AVON WEBSITES, except as expressly provided in this Agreement, is strictly prohibited.
2. Information Submitted Through the AVON WEBSITES.
Your submission of information through the AVON WEBSITES is governed by AVON's Privacy Statement (the "Privacy Statement"), the link to which is located I n the footer of www.avoncompany.com., and this Agreement incorporates by reference the terms and conditions of the Privacy Statement. You represent and warrant that any information you provide in connection with your use of the AVON WEBSITES is true, accurate and complete, and that you will maintain and update such information as needed, such that the information remains true, accurate and complete.
3. Registration; User Names and Passwords.
You may be required to register with AVON in order to access certain areas of the AVON WEBSITES. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive; or that we reject for any other reason in our sole discretion. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the AVON WEBSITES, and you agree not to transfer your password or user name, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the AVON WEBSITES, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all Transactions (including any information transmitted in connection with any Transactions) and other interactions with the AVON WEBSITES that occur in connection with your user name. You agree to immediately notify AVON of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security related to your account, your user name or the AVON WEBSITES, and to ensure that you "log off" and exit from your account with the AVON WEBSITES (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
4. Rules of Conduct.
We expect users of the AVON WEBSITES to respect the law as well as the rights and dignity of others. While using the AVON WEBSITES you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, your use of the AVON WEBSITES is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section, and failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in termination of your access to the AVON WEBSITES pursuant to Section 11 below.
You agree not to:
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available through or in connection with the AVON WEBSITES:
- Any information or materials that are or may be, or the posting, transmission or use of which is or may be: (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) defamatory or libelous; (c) fraudulent or tortious; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right.
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as "hacking," "cracking," or "phreaking."
- Any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or that may or is intended to damage, hijack, disable, interfere with, or disrupt the operation of, or monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertisements, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme" or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation that is not expressly approved by AVON in advance.
- Any personally identifiable information of another individual, without the prior consent of such individual.
- Any material, non-public information about a company, without the proper authorization to do so.
- Use the AVON WEBSITES for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Use the AVON WEBSITES to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity, or to harvest or collect information about users of the AVON WEBSITES.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any representative of AVON; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the AVON WEBSITES; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the AVON WEBSITES or the servers or networks used to make the AVON WEBSITES available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the AVON WEBSITES (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the AVON WEBSITES).
- Use the AVON WEBSITES to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, without AVON's express prior written consent.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, link to or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to, the AVON WEBSITES.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the AVON WEBSITES.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the AVON WEBSITES or materials originating from the AVON WEBSITES.
- Frame or mirror any part of the AVON WEBSITES.
- Create a database by downloading and storing AVON WEBSITES content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine" or in any way gather AVON WEBSITES content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the AVON WEBSITES without AVON's express prior written consent.
Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that you (and not AVON) are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, broadband, and computer hardware, equipment, and services needed to access and use the AVON WEBSITES, and for paying all charges related thereto.
5. Forums and Submissions.
AVON may offer features through the AVON WEBSITES that enable you to post information and materials publicly, for example, bulletin boards, chat areas, and similar forums (collectively referred to herein as "Forums"). All of the rules of conduct described in Section 4 above apply to the Forums. Additionally, without AVON's express prior written consent, you may not use the Forums for any commercial purposes, including the promotion or advertisement of any goods, services or opportunities, and you may not use the Forums to solicit other AVON WEBSITE visitors or users to visit or become members of, subscribe to or register with any commercial online service or other organization.
When you submit or make available any information or materials through the Forums or otherwise through any AVON WEBSITE ("Submissions"), you acknowledge and agree that those Submissions will be non-proprietary and non-confidential, may be made available to the general public, and may be used by AVON without restriction. You grant to AVON the worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license, sublicensable through multiple tiers, without compensation to you, to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate and reformat), create derivative works of, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import all Submissions, in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to grant the licenses granted in this section with respect to each Submission, and that your provision of Submissions through the Forums or otherwise through the AVON WEBSITES complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You further irrevocably waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding any Submission that you may have under any applicable law or under any legal theory. This section will survive termination of this Agreement for any reason.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to edit any Submission and to choose to include or not include such Submission in the Forums or otherwise in the AVON WEBSITES. The Forums include the opinions, statements and other content of third parties. We are not responsible for screening, monitoring or verifying such content, including such content's accuracy, reliability or compliance with copyright or other laws. Any opinions, statements or other materials made available by third parties through the Forums or otherwise through the AVON WEBSITES are those of such third parties and not of AVON, and AVON does not endorse any such opinions, statements or materials. We may remove objectionable statements or other content from the AVON WEBSITES at any time if we deem removal to be warranted. Please understand that removal or editing of any Submission or other materials may not occur immediately.
You acknowledge and agree that AVON has no control over, and shall have no liability for any damages resulting from, the use (including without limitation re-publication) or misuse by any third party of information voluntarily made public through the Forums or any other part of the AVON WEBSITES. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE FORUMS OR OTHERWISE THROUGH THE AVON WEBSITES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
6. Intended Audience.
AVON controls and operates the AVON WEBSITES from its offices located in the State of New York, U.S.A., and the AVON WEBSITES are not intended to subject AVON to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than those of the United States. Unless otherwise specified, materials made available through the AVON WEBSITES are presented solely for the purpose of providing services and promoting products available in the United States. AVON makes no representation or warranty that any AVON WEBSITE, in whole or in part, or any products, services, or materials made available through the AVON WEBSITES, are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the AVON WEBSITES from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws, rules and regulations, if and to the extent local laws, rules or regulations are applicable.
7. Links to or From Other Sites.
Except as otherwise expressly stated by AVON on an AVON WEBSITE, AVON is not affiliated or associated with operators of any third party websites that link to or are linked from the AVON WEBSITES. AVON expressly disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy, content, or availability of information found on third party websites that link to or are linked from the AVON WEBSITES. We cannot ensure your satisfaction with any products or services that are available through any third party site that links to or is linked from the AVON WEBSITES because these third party sites are owned and operated by independent entities. We do not endorse any of the products or services, nor have we taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, made available through any third party sites. We make no representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including without limitation credit card and other personal information) that you may provide or be requested to provide to any third party, whether through such a third party site or otherwise.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY SITES AND RESOURCES AND ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
AVON shall have the right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to block links to the AVON WEBSITES through technological or other means without prior notice.
THE AVON WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. AVON MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY MATERIAL ON OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE AVON WEBSITES. ANY RELIANCE ON OR USE OF SUCH MATERIALS SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. AVON MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY (A) THAT THE AVON WEBSITES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON A TIMELY BASIS, OR THAT ACCESS TO THE AVON WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR SECURE; (B) THAT DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (C) THAT THE AVON WEBSITES OR THE SERVERS OR NETWORKS THROUGH WHICH THE AVON WEBSITES ARE MADE AVAILABLE ARE SECURE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
While we try to maintain the integrity and security of the AVON WEBSITES and the servers from which the AVON WEBSITES are operated, the AVON WEBSITES may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the AVON WEBSITES. If you become aware of any unauthorized third party alteration to the AVON WEBSITES, contact us at infoincident.avon.com or by writing to Avon Products, Inc , 777 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 Attn: Office of the General Counsel with a description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location on the applicable AVON WEBSITE where such material(s) appear.
9. Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL AVON, ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES (THE FOREGOING ENTITIES, COLLECTIVELY, THE "AVON ENTITIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF (A) THIS AGREEMENT, (B) THE AVON WEBSITES, OR (C) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE AVON WEBSITES, IN EACH EVENT, EVEN IF AVON OR SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. AVON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR SUBMISSIONS, TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA OR FOR ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED. AVON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT OR CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTY, OR ANY INFRINGEMENT BY A THIRD PARTY OF ANOTHER'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PRIVACY OR OTHER RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL AVON'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE AVON WEBSITES, OR YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE AVON WEBSITES EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR USING OR ACCESSING THE AVON WEBSITES.
You will indemnify and hold the AVON Entities harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action and other proceedings arising from or related to any of the following (the "Claims"): (a) your use of, inability to use, or activities in connection with the AVON WEBSITES; (b) any violation of this Agreement or any other AVON terms, conditions or policies by you or through any account you may have with any AVON WEBSITE; (c) any Transaction; (d) any allegation that any Submission or other materials that you make available through the AVON WEBSITES infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of any third party; or (e) your violation of any rights of any AVON WEBSITE visitor, user, or customer, or any other third party; and you agree to reimburse the AVON Entities on demand for any damages, losses, costs, judgments, fees, fines and other expenses they incur (including attorneys' fees and court costs) as a result of any Claim(s).
11. Termination and Enforcement.
This Agreement is effective until terminated by AVON. You agree that AVON, at its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the AVON WEBSITES, at any time and for any reason, including without limitation if AVON believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement (including but not limited to your failure to comply with the rules of conduct set forth in Section 4 above). Upon any such termination, your right to use the AVON WEBSITES will immediately cease. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the AVON WEBSITES may be effected without prior notice and that AVON may immediately deactivate or delete any user name and/or password used by or provided to you, and all related information and files associated therewith, and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that AVON shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the AVON WEBSITES or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination. AVON reserves the right to takes steps that AVON believes are necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with this Agreement (including without limitation in connection with any legal process relating to your use of the AVON WEBSITES and/or a third party claim that your use of the AVON WEBSITES is unlawful or violates such third party's rights).
12. Claims of Copyright Infringement.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on an AVON WEBSITE infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send AVON a notice requesting that AVON remove the materials or block access to them. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send AVON a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to Office of the General Counsel, Avon Products Inc., 777 Third Avenue, NY, NY 10017; tel: 212-282-7000. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, please be aware that there are penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the following two sites: GetNetWise (http://kids.getnetwise.org/) and OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Note that AVON does not endorse, support or approve any of the products or services listed at such site.
14. Information or Complaints.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the AVON WEBSITES, contact us by writing to Avon Products, Inc., 777 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 Attn: Office of the General Counsel.. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
15. Governing Law.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. Any dispute with Avon, or our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising under or in relation to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively through non-appealable arbitration with one arbitrator in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association in New York, NY. If travelling to New York is a burden, you may participate in the arbitration by phone or via document submission to the fullest extent allowable by the arbitrator. Each party will bear their own costs of arbitration unless the arbitrator directs that bearing such costs would be an undue burden and in that case, Avon will pay for your portion of the arbitration administrative costs (but not your attorneys’ fees). You agree to resolve any disputes related to this Agreement as an individual and not as a class or join any class. You understand that, in return for agreement to this provision and the dispute provision above, Avon is able to offer the AVON WEBSITES at the terms designated, and that your assent is an indispensable consideration to this Agreement. You also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with Avon, our officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising out of or relating to your use of the AVON WEBSITES or this Agreement: YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY; AND YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and AVON. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. This Agreement, together with all agreements and statements referred to herein and incorporated herein by reference, is the entire agreement between you and AVON relating to the subject matter hereof and, except as otherwise provided herein, supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and AVON relating to such subject matter. Notices to you may be made by posting a notice (or a link to a notice) to any AVON WEBSITE, by email, or by regular mail, at AVON's discretion. Without limitation, you agree that a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- Licensed Under U.S. Patent No. 6,594,641, which is owned by Reshare Commerce LLC. Avon makes no representation as to the scope of coverage of this patent and its relationship to Avon's services.
This Agreement ©2016 Avon Products, Inc. All rights reserved.